Broken Glitch Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Glitch Society

Broken Glitch Society is a gaming community dedicated to competitive gameplay, gaming theories, artistic creativity and various other interesting aspects.

2 posters

Pyroar [NU]

DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy
    Forum Founder / Head Admin

Male Posts : 706
    Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Favorite Band : Black Veil Brides
    Mood : Happy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Pyroar [NU] Empty Pyroar [NU]

Post by DarkEnvy Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Pyroar

Pyroar [NU] 250px-668Pyroar

Typing:
    Fire / Normal (Weak to Fighting, Ground, Rock and Water types) (Resistant to Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Ice and Fairy types)

Abilities:
    Rivalry
    Unnerve
    Moxie (Hidden)

Stats:
    HP: 86
    Attack: 68
    Defense: 72
    Special Attack: 109
    Special Defense: 66
    Speed: 106

BST (Base Stat Total): 507

Notable Moves:

Offensive:
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Hyper Voice
    Overheat
    Snarl
    Solar Beam

Non-Offensive:
    Entrainment
    Noble Roar
    Protect
    Rain Dance
    Roar
    Substitute
    Sunny Day
    Taunt
    Toxic
    Will-O-Wisp
    Work Up
    Yawn

Description:

Pyroar is a Pokemon that screams wasted potential, its great stats were unfortunately mismatched. Its physically based movepool and access to Moxie were unfortunately offset by an extremely lackluster attack stat. Along with this, Fire / Normal is possibly the worst defensive typing in the game, with weaknesses to Water, Rock, Ground and Fighting types which are four of the most common attacking types in the metagame. Luckily all isn't lost, as it has fantastic Speed and Special Attack with a usable movepool with gems such as STAB Hyper Voice. Also Pyroar does have a few handy resistances to common types such as Fairy, Grass, Ice and Fire.

Set #1: Life Orb Attacker

Pyroar @ Life Orb
    Ability: Unnerve
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest / Timid Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Hyper Voice
    - Dark Pulse
    - Overheat / Solar Beam / Will-O-Wisp / Yawn / Substitute

Set Description:

This set is Pyroar's best opportunity to shine in NU. This set takes advantage of his fantastic Special Attack. Flamethrower and Hyper Voice are your designated STAB attacks. Dark Pulse nails the multiple Psychic types rampaging around the tier. The last slot is mostly filler, you could use Overheat for an insanely powerful fire move that maims anything that it doesn't resist. If you're running a Sun team you could run Solar Beam to take care of all of the Water, Ground and Rock types. Will-O-Wisp and Yawn are both decent status options as well. Substitute is there in case you wanted to run a LO Three Attacks + Sub set.

Other Options:

Pyroar has access to Work Up if you really want to try for a mixed set utilizing its physical movepool. If you're going to do that, it has access to multiple moves such as Wild Charge. If you're going to run that set, make sure your ability is Moxie as it will further boost Pyroar's attack stat. There's not much else Pyroar can do unfortunately. Pyroar's signature move Noble Roar unfortunately doesn't have that much use.
    Thomas
    Thomas

Male Posts : 54
    Favorite Game : Pokemon duh. Naruto Storm is ok but everyone on it sucks and its a bad game tbh
    Favorite Band : iamamiwhoami sometimes
    Mood : nah fam

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Pyroar [NU] Empty Re: Pyroar [NU]

Post by Thomas Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Hyper Voice+Snarl Pyroar seems like it could hold its own in doubles. I'm sure it has the potential to do well in the singles environment in the NU tier, but I wouldn't know.
    Awesome analysis by the way.
    DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by DarkEnvy Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Thomas wrote:Hyper Voice+Snarl Pyroar seems like it could hold its own in doubles. I'm sure it has the potential to do well in the singles environment in the NU tier, but I wouldn't know.

Thanks man. The only Pokemon I honestly ever run Snarl on is Sableye because I have a specialized niche set for him. (He is my favorite Pokemon after all)
    Thomas
    Thomas

Male Posts : 54
    Favorite Game : Pokemon duh. Naruto Storm is ok but everyone on it sucks and its a bad game tbh
    Favorite Band : iamamiwhoami sometimes
    Mood : nah fam

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by Thomas Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:47 pm

DarkEnvy wrote:
    Thomas wrote:Hyper Voice+Snarl Pyroar seems like it could hold its own in doubles. I'm sure it has the potential to do well in the singles environment in the NU tier, but I wouldn't know.

Thanks man. The only Pokemon I honestly ever run Snarl on is Sableye because I have a specialized niche set for him. (He is my favorite Pokemon after all)
    How are you feeling about Mega Sableye, anyway?
    DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by DarkEnvy Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Thomas wrote:
    DarkEnvy wrote:

How are you feeling about Mega Sableye, anyway?

My favorite Mega for my favorite Pokemon, I LOVE his design. The Gem Shield really was a badass idea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 am