Broken Glitch Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Glitch Society

Broken Glitch Society is a gaming community dedicated to competitive gameplay, gaming theories, artistic creativity and various other interesting aspects.

2 posters

The Best Uber

DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy
    Forum Founder / Head Admin

Male Posts : 706
    Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Favorite Band : Black Veil Brides
    Mood : Happy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

The Best Uber Empty The Best Uber

Post by DarkEnvy Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:15 pm

I was just in an argument with a person involving which Uber pokemon is the best, he's convinced that Xerneas is the best however I disagree. Xerneas is good, but it must rely on Power Herb as an item for its best niche. I feel as though Extreme-Killer Arceus is still the best Pokemon in Ubers. A 120 stat spread across the board, a massive movepool, STAB priority in Extremespeed and coverage to deal with anything that tries to stand in its way.

What about you guys?
    HarvstootH
    HarvstootH

Male Posts : 328
    Favorite Game : Starfox 64
    Favorite Band : Approximately none of them
    Mood : Spicy

The Best Uber Empty Re: The Best Uber

Post by HarvstootH Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:43 pm

I don't think Xerneas is good. I'll say easy. Easy to set up and easy to sweep with. In my opinion, the best uber has got to be Yveltal. Ridiculously powerful, fast, surprisingly bulky with good staying power and a good move pool. If I remember correctly, his attack and sp. attack stats are the same, so he can serve as a mixed attacker. you never know what angle you have to approach him with. The way I set mine up, he could kill Xerneas without even batting an eye, but where he really shines is just in how long he can stay in the battle. I think Yveltal is the best uber tier Pokemon.
    DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by DarkEnvy Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:28 pm

HarvstootH wrote:I don't think Xerneas is good. I'll say easy. Easy to set up and easy to sweep with. In my opinion, the best uber has got to be Yveltal. Ridiculously powerful, fast, surprisingly bulky with good staying power and a good move pool. If I remember correctly, his attack and sp. attack stats are the same, so he can serve as a mixed attacker. you never know what angle you have to approach him with. The way I set mine up, he could kill Xerneas without even batting an eye, but where he really shines is just in how long he can stay in the battle. I think Yveltal is the best uber tier Pokemon.

I've never disagreed harder. In fact I was one of the people who originally was trying to get Yveltal tested in OU early on.
    HarvstootH
    HarvstootH

Male Posts : 328
    Favorite Game : Starfox 64
    Favorite Band : Approximately none of them
    Mood : Spicy

Post by HarvstootH Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:39 pm

DarkEnvy wrote:
    HarvstootH wrote:I don't think Xerneas is good. I'll say easy. Easy to set up and easy to sweep with. In my opinion, the best uber has got to be Yveltal. Ridiculously powerful, fast, surprisingly bulky with good staying power and a good move pool. If I remember correctly, his attack and sp. attack stats are the same, so he can serve as a mixed attacker. you never know what angle you have to approach him with. The way I set mine up, he could kill Xerneas without even batting an eye, but where he really shines is just in how long he can stay in the battle. I think Yveltal is the best uber tier Pokemon.

I've never disagreed harder. In fact I was one of the people who originally was trying to get Yveltal tested in OU early on.

Well we all have our opinions, but people haven't exactly figured out how to use Yveltal yet. :/ To be honest, Yveltal is an uber Pokemon where you have to use your brain. Foreign concept in Ubers, I know, but here's the thing. Make him an attacker and give him high HP for staying power, and up his attack and speed. Give him a power herb and Sky Attack, Thief, Roost, Acrobatics. The thing is you have to expect to be fighting Xerneas. So you steal his Power herb and then he's stuck with the 2 turn Geomancy. take it out with a Sky Attack and you're golden. It worked for me in almost every round, so I respectfully stick with my original opinion.
    DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by DarkEnvy Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:06 am

HarvstootH wrote:
    DarkEnvy wrote:

Well we all have our opinions, but people haven't exactly figured out how to use Yveltal yet. :/ To be honest, Yveltal is an uber Pokemon where you have to use your brain. Foreign concept in Ubers, I know, but here's the thing. Make him an attacker and give him high HP for staying power, and up his attack and speed. Give him a power herb and Sky Attack, Thief, Roost, Acrobatics. The thing is you have to expect to be fighting Xerneas. So you steal his Power herb and then he's stuck with the 2 turn Geomancy. take it out with a Sky Attack and you're golden. It worked for me in almost every round, so I respectfully stick with my original opinion.

That's actually a really cool set idea. Damn, I'm gonna try that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 8:39 pm