Broken Glitch Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Glitch Society

Broken Glitch Society is a gaming community dedicated to competitive gameplay, gaming theories, artistic creativity and various other interesting aspects.

4 posters

Your Most and Least Favorite Competitive Generation

DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy
    Forum Founder / Head Admin

Male Posts : 706
    Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Favorite Band : Black Veil Brides
    Mood : Happy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Your Most and Least Favorite Competitive Generation Empty Your Most and Least Favorite Competitive Generation

Post by DarkEnvy Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Generation 1 - Generation of the Psychics
    Generation 2 - Generation of the Stallers
    Generation 3 - Generation of the Physical
    Generation 4 - Generation of the Special
    Generation 5 - Generation of the Weather
    Generation 6 - Generation of the Darkness

Which one is your favorite? (The generations have been listed by their defining attributes)

I would like to say that my absolute favorite is honestly Generation Six. With all the new mechanics introduced, the new Fairy type, the re-typing and stat increases of multiple Pokemon, the buffing to Dark / Ghost types, the new Pokemon and the much needed nerf to weather, Pokemon has become extremely interesting, strategic and entertaining once again.

Generation Five is hands down the worst competitive generation. So many cool new Pokemon and mechanics were introduced, and yet all of them were rendered useless by the rampant overuse of permanent weather which killed off any strategy that wasn't "paste Politoed, Ninetales or Tyranitar here."

My runner up for second most favorite would be Generation One, for its sheer chaotic nature.
    Thomas
    Thomas

Male Posts : 54
    Favorite Game : Pokemon duh. Naruto Storm is ok but everyone on it sucks and its a bad game tbh
    Favorite Band : iamamiwhoami sometimes
    Mood : nah fam

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Your Most and Least Favorite Competitive Generation Empty Re: Your Most and Least Favorite Competitive Generation

Post by Thomas Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Gen 6 is the generation of Talonflame. Not sure of how I feel about it so far.
    Gen 5 is my favorite and also my least favorite. It was my first *REAL* competitive gen, but the weather just..... ugh....
    DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Your Most and Least Favorite Competitive Generation Empty Re: Your Most and Least Favorite Competitive Generation

Post by DarkEnvy Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:00 pm

Thomas wrote:Gen 6 is the generation of Talonflame. Not sure of how I feel about it so far.
    Gen 5 is my favorite and also my least favorite. It was my first *REAL* competitive gen, but the weather just..... ugh....

Weather bro
    Weather sucked.

My first competitive Gen that I really got into was Gen 5, but I went back and played in most of the other Gens (didn't really give Gen 3 or 4 as much attention as I should have though)
    HarvstootH
    HarvstootH

Male Posts : 328
    Favorite Game : Starfox 64
    Favorite Band : Approximately none of them
    Mood : Spicy

Post by HarvstootH Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Unfortunately I didn't get into Pokemon until this generation. :/ But from what my friends tell me, gen 5 sucked. They totally beefed up weather to the point of hail and sandstorm teams being banned from competitive play. That's some intense stuff.

By default, the best for me and my favorite gen for competitive is 6th.
    megahelljoe
    megahelljoe

Male Posts : 54
    Favorite Game : Pokemon? o.O
    Favorite Band : Some german band you will never know xD

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by megahelljoe Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:35 am

My favorite gen is 5, because it introduces the dream world abilities which boostet some pokemons to greater tiers. (like blaziken Razz)
    DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by DarkEnvy Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:12 pm

I have a love hate relationship with Dream World

On one hand, they released a buttload of cool abilities making multiple Pokemon useful.

On the other hand, GAMEFREAK Y U NO RELEASE SHADOW TAG CHANDY AND CONTRARY SERPERIOR FFS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:42 am