Broken Glitch Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Glitch Society

Broken Glitch Society is a gaming community dedicated to competitive gameplay, gaming theories, artistic creativity and various other interesting aspects.

4 posters

Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman

Poll

Goku vs Superman?

[ 5 ]
    Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman Bar_left83%Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman Bar_right [83%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman Bar_left17%Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman Bar_right [17%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Poll closed
    DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy
    Forum Founder / Head Admin

Male Posts : 706
    Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Favorite Band : Black Veil Brides
    Mood : Happy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman Empty Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman

Post by DarkEnvy Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:19 pm

Welcome to Broken Glitch Society's Battle of the Week
    Week #1:
    Goku vs Superman

The point of this contest is to have a discussion involving which character would win in a battle. This week's discussion is Goku (Dragon Ball Z) vs Superman (Superman).
    Please vote and feel free to discuss and debate in this thread.

This thread will be open until Tuesday, June 17th. On that date the winner will be announced and the next week's battle will begin.

And... go!

Last edited by DarkEnvy on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Yeider Comicbooks
    Yeider Comicbooks

Male Posts : 27
    Favorite Game : Toejam & Earl, Spyro year of the dragon. I mostly enjoy classic or gory games.
    Favorite Band : Blink-182, Newfound glory, Saliva.
    Mood : Calm

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman Empty Re: Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman

Post by Yeider Comicbooks Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Clark Kent easily takes this. Clark is faster than Goku even being able to match speeds or tag The Flash, definitely stronger and smarter. Not to mention Supe's durability is even greater than Goku's, with Superman tanking a direct omega beam. Superman will tank any of Goku's ki attacks and respond with godlike brute strength and laser beams. Goku will end up slaughtered.
    Sefiroz
    Sefiroz

Male Posts : 286
    Favorite Game : Kingdom Hearts (all games)
    Favorite Band : Babymetal
    Mood : Yes.

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman Empty Re: Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman

Post by Sefiroz Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:00 pm

I'd say Goku. He doesn't win on strength or speed alone, but if he goes super saiyan 2(maybe have to go 3) and up he'd probably beat Superman in speed. Goku can destroy planets fairly easily in the end. Superman can not do this in most 'versions' of him, I don't know if there is any 'version' where he can. Thing is, Goku probably wouldn't do that on a planet with living things on.

My biggest look at this is... Teleportation is also a very important point, and if he needed to he could probably teleport Superman and himself to a planet with no yellow sun, thus leaving Superman without any powers at all in the end.
    Yeider Comicbooks
    Yeider Comicbooks

Favorite Game : Toejam & Earl, Spyro year of the dragon. I mostly enjoy classic or gory games.

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by Yeider Comicbooks Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Superman would not be left powerless without a sun as he stores solar energy in his body. He once reignited the dead sun when it had no more flare on his own solar energy. Superman wouldn't be phased by a planet busting as he can live in space. He has survived more than plenty planet busts in his day. Superman has planet busting capabilities, as shown in silver age incarnations and new 52. He does not want to jeopardize innocent lives at anytime. There are versions that bust not only planets but entire universes such as cosmic armor superman. Teleportation to a distant planet would not be possible as Goku wouldn't be able to grab the raging kryptonian and would pummel Goku if he even tried.
    Solar energy feat:
    Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman 1437105-sadya6

Last edited by Yeider Comicbooks on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Yeider Comicbooks
    Yeider Comicbooks

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by Yeider Comicbooks Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Also, Superman has proven himself to be faster than light. Since he's been able to match speeds with most versions of The Flash.
    Sefiroz
    Sefiroz

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by Sefiroz Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:17 am

I do not see your point on the last one, in Dragonball most main characters are obviously way faster than light?
    Yeider Comicbooks
    Yeider Comicbooks

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by Yeider Comicbooks Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:26 pm

You might have to provide proof on that. Because in my mind, that is a false speculation and one of the biggest DBZ fanboy excuses. No one in the dbz universe has reached attosecond speeds like superman and flash. Not to mention nobody in the Dbz universe has reached superman level strength. Superman calculates faster too.
    Battle of the Week #1: Goku vs Superman ZWNhElX
    Sefiroz
    Sefiroz

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by Sefiroz Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Well, the lowest speed been found when people been figuring out Goku's maximum speed is appearently 2.5 billion km/hr. Light travels in 1,080 million km/hr.

Appearently I am not allowed to post external links on the forum yet, so cant post my source :/

EDIT: Posted wrong, fixed.
    DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by DarkEnvy Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:50 am

We've got a pretty strong case for both. The thread is open for another two days to finalize the decision.
    megahelljoe
    megahelljoe

Male Posts : 54
    Favorite Game : Pokemon? o.O
    Favorite Band : Some german band you will never know xD

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by megahelljoe Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Epic Video! I actually found out this today. i watched the video, and i dont want to spoiler you ;D
    actually they did a lot of assumptions and asked the makers and stuffs Very Happy i voted for son goku because meh. He learns from every fight sooo... if the fight is long enough (and not just 10 minutes)
    he will be the winner ;P

EDIT: Just realized that the thread is closed. meh. should i delete the post now?
    DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by DarkEnvy Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:50 am

No the thread's not closed. I extended it.
    Yeider Comicbooks
    Yeider Comicbooks

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by Yeider Comicbooks Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:19 am

Sadly for most anime fans, Goku loses. Already explained it above.
    Sefiroz
    Sefiroz

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by Sefiroz Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:50 am

I'd still say Goku even if I weren't a fan I think. Though I'm a Superman fan too.
    DarkEnvy
    DarkEnvy

User Accolades
    Broken Glitch Awards:

Post by DarkEnvy Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:39 pm

This battle is now over. Due to the overwhelming votes and conflicted discussion, the winner has been decided as Goku.

~Closed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:34 am